3. Modern Apps
Mission-critical applications — at the core of digital transformation — grow increasingly complex and diverse. The solution: modern, cloud-native applications that take less time for developers to build and ship.
A cloud-native architecture helps organizations build and deliver these modern applications that accelerate innovation. But, organizations must overcome infrastructure and operational challenges to balance productivity benefits with security and efficiency.
The Cloud Foundation
Cloud technologies enable IT to focus on the highest priorities and most strategic initiatives, defining the future of business for decades. More than ever, leaders consider cloud to be a long-term, strategic investment.
The shift from multi-cloud adoption to multi-cloud strategy calls for more holistic decision-making and architectural planning. Organizations need to consider questions like:
- What’s the best environment for the needs of each application, based on desired business outcomes?
- How can IT freely move applications from the data center to the cloud and to the edge?
- How should organizations quickly and strategically adopt new cloud services that emerge?
- How can developers aggressively leverage Kubernetes container orchestration, a standard for modern apps, to do great things?
- What cloud foundation can IT create now that will have the greatest longevity into the future?
A Multi-Cloud Vision
Partners, like VMware, help organizations answer these questions and create a solid foundation for cloud. At the VMware Cloud Briefing event, Gelsinger highlights five ways VMware intends to help propel companies towards a multi-cloud vision:
- Accelerating the cloud journey — no matter where it begins — with a cornerstone platform for cloud foundation.
- Solving complexity in the cloud with joint innovations, partnerships and new perspectives from cloud leaders.
- Delivering a blueprint to manage a multi-cloud architecture.
- Introducing the next generation of cloud management.
- Enabling enterprise Kubernetes.
“Looking back, we’re incredibly proud of the foundation we’ve built for today’s cloud market,” Gelsinger says. “And as we build for this new multi-cloud generation, we’re excited about what’s to come. But one thing we know for sure, this journey has just begun.”